This conference is ideal for people who have or plan to have rental properties, and who wish to deepen their understanding of tax issues relating to the different types of property ownership, the types of income that may result, and the expenses associated with real estate properties.
- Have a general understanding of how taxes work;
- Understand the types of expenses and the types of income and losses applicable to income properties;
- Have a general understanding of the application of consumption taxes relating to real estate;
- Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of the different types of ownership of rental properties.
- Overview of how taxes work;
- Allowable expenses and deductions;
- Type of income;
- Tax losses;
- Consumption taxes;
- Tax planning for the possession of properties.
This continuing education training is accredited by the Organisme d’autoréglementation du courtage immobilier du Québec (OACIQ). It allows licensees participating in this training to receive 3 continuing education units (CEUs) in the specialized content category.
Mtre. Martin Fortier, lawyer.